What a charter should know in order to rent a sailing boat
- To rent a sailing boat, without skipper, you need two offshore sailing diplomas.
- For the agreement of charter the boat, a deposit of 50% of the agreed fare is needed.
- The amount of the fare is always paid a week before the start of the journey (before departure).
- The charterer, besides the agreed fare, is obliged to pay a fee for guarantee, which is returned after the end of the fare, only if the vessel has no damage.
- The charterer is responsible for property damage only up to the amount of the guarantee. Any damage, over the amount of security, is covered by the insurance company.
- All criminal liabilities from accidents occupants of the rented vessel are concerning the captain of the vessel and only him.
- If the charterer fails for any reason (except for damage to the vessel to which he is not responsible) to return the boat at the agreed port, the agreed time, will pay the transportation costs and plus 50% fare for the extra time required for the transfer of the vessel.
What a charter of vessel must be aware of
During the acceptance of the vessel by the Powermarine:
– The vessel is in good working condition with no damage at the hull, deck and sails. The engine and all other equipment are working without any problems, oil and water tanks are full. To be aware of the exact position of any safety equipment.
– To complete and sign along with Powermarine, the Inventory List. To mention to the list any damage or malfunction that may be noticed in the vessel or its equipment. By this way, the chareter will know the exact equipment of vessel.
– Each vessel which returns from fare is inspected by a diver to the hulls
During the journey:
– Do not travel with wind more than 6 Beaufort. One is not familiar with the vessel and it is prohibited by charter signatory.
– Always looking to maps to avoid shallow. The electronics board can be wrong.
– Regularly check the level of oil and the temperature of engine.
– Do not reach the limits of the rigging and sails.
– To plan the trip, so 48 hours before the end of the fare, not to be far away more than 40 nm from the return port. (Condition also contained in charter signatory).
In the ports:
– Do not leave the boat for several hours intendant. More losses are made during the absence of charterer.
– To fill tanks with water and oil when there are available, being careful not to put water in oil tank and vice versa. Ensure that the quality of oil that is free of water.
– To work at least three hours per day the engine to charge the vessel batteries.
When returning the boat in Powermarine
– Be sure to fill the tanks of the vessel with water and oil. Vessels are received with full tanks and returned with full tanks.
– Vessel equipment is in its original place.
– To do, in coordination with Powermarine representative, the final inspection and to report any damages and malfunctions of the vessel.
– To pay damages and to accept the guarantee given.
Charter with skipper of Power Marine
In case the charter is made with skipper of Powermarine many difficulties, responsibilities and mistakes are avoided and the trip becomes more comfortable and carefree because of the experience and knowledge of company’s Skippers.