Halkidiki Sailing: An intoxicating combination of blue and green.
Shaped like Poseidon’s trident and sticking out into the Aegean Sea, Halkidiki is a treat for visitors. Lush green forests that reach right down to the beach; golden sunlight reflected in the turquoise waters; a traditional style with a rich gastronomic and cultural heritage. Endless coves, unique architectural sites, perfectly preserved Christian monument and a host of unexplored treasures all add their own rich touch to the unique canvas that is Halkidiki. That’s why Halkidiki sailing is a unique experience!!!!
Halkidiki Sailing: a home to many earthly paradises!
Among this intoxicating blend of blue and green, visitors will find major hotel complexes built to the highest standards, particularly on the first of the three “legs”, the cosmopolitan Kassándra. Here there are also traditional seafront guesthouses, little hidden treasures and marinas along the coast of Sithonia, as well as some unique archaeological sites. These include Ancient Olynthus, Stágeira, the birthplace of Aristotle and, of course, Mount Athos, a unique Christian monument, untouched by time and a living monument of Byzantine culture, standing in the midst of untouched nature.
Halkidiki sailing holidays
The region is one of the most beautiful destinations for holidays in Greece. Most have experienced its beauty by land but it is a quite different experience to discover Halkidiki by a sailing boat. The region with its three legs, which is like 3 different islands stick together, has many miles of coastline and for this reason you need at least a week of sailing to explode.
Power Marine Yachting can also arrange one-day, two-day and multi-days excursions in Halkidiki. Halkidiki sailing is an enjoyable even for early sailors, but also for people without any experience in sea cause winds are mild and sea routes quite close to the bay so there is an advantage to sail costa-costa.
Experienced skippers of PowerMarine will make your holiday enjoyable, safe and without any unpleasant surprises. Will make you discover all small and big secrets of the area.
Each “leg” has its own history in ancient Greek mythology. In Kassandra it is believed that the earthquake giant Enceladus was buried. Sithonia owns its name to Sithonas, the son of Poseidon and Athos got its name from the rock that flew against Olympians Gods the namesake giant. Only the first two legs of Halkidiki can be visited by everyone from the land. To Athos only male can enter and those under special license.
Kassandra – First leg
Kassandra is most cosmopolitan destination in Halkidiki. Great beaches, sandy beaches, big pine-covered areas, many beach bars, restaurants and many cultural events. It is a unique destination for a yacht. It has mild winds for calm sailing and magical waters for diving. Succumb to the charm of nature in Halkidiki, seeing them from a yacht.
– Potidea is a huge sandy beach that connects with the beach of Agios Mama, with a fully organized beach.
– In South Fokea beach is sandy with surrounding taverns, restaurants and a small port.
– Athitos has two small beaches, one on each side of the settlement.
– Kallithea is a sandy beach, very cosmopolitan and well organized.
– Kriopigi is a beach with fine sand and crystal clear waters.
– Hanioti is a crystal clear, elegant and well organized beach, popular to families and young people.
– Pefkohori has a long sandy and fully organized beach, with the beautiful pine forest of Kassandra.
– The Glarokavos is a huge beach with fine sand and small pebbles and at the end there is a lagoon.
– Paliouri is also known as Kanavitsa or Chrousso. It is a dreamy beach with pine trees all around and well organized. There you can moor the sailboat, as it has a small port.
Sithonia – Second leg
Sithonia, with indented coastline, with white sandy beaches, dreamy bays, hidden coves, turquoise waters and pine trees that reach the edge of the beach, is the ideal place to explore with a PowerMarine Yachting sailing boat. In Sithonia you will find exotic beaches, beaches with many exclamation marks!!!
– Karidi and the Kavourotripes with all-white sands and turquoise waters can take your breath away.
– Ormos Koviou is full of pine trees and clear waters.
– The famous beach Kalogria has spectacular beach and green waters.
– Paradisos can steal your heart.
– Nikiti has organized sandy beach that stretches several kilometers. It is very organized with everything your heart desires.
– Sarti, is a region that attracts surfers and sailboats, as the winds are usually very favorable.
– The private beaches of Porto Carras resemble of paradise and are accessible only by a yacht.
– Spathies, Elia, Kalamitsi, Ayios Ioannis are magical beaches with clear waters and magical landscapes.
– In Toroni you can swim beneath the archeological ancient site.
– Porto Koufos, which is the ancient Torone Port, will thrill you with its landscape. It is an ideal destination for a sailing as it has a very safe natural harbor. It is a unique opportunity to stop and moor, as there are many shops for supplies and taverns with fresh fish.
– Wonderful beaches are Armenistis, Koutloumousi, Azapiko, Ampelos, Diaporos with Punta island, Aretes, Mikri Elia etc.
If you want to live a Halkidiki sailing experience and magical moments, at the magical beaches of Halkidiki, you have the choice to trust PowerMarine Yachting!!!